Frequently Asked QuestionsWatch the video
As a mentor for thoughtbot's Prime service, I've provided coaching to over 100 developers.
In my talk, I'll share the questions I'm asked repeatedly, and how I answer them.
This discussion will be targeted at beginner and intermediate developers striving to improve.
Likely discussion includes:
- What should I do if I inherit an app with no tests?
- Any advice on how to switch to vim?
- How does one land her first Rails job?
- How does one land a better Rails job?
- How do I conquer the fear of letting others see my code?
- Am I underpaid?
- How do I balance integration and isolated tests?
- How can I make myself stick to TDD when the going gets tough?
Plus, because it's me, we're gonna do some live coding. Take bad code. Make good. Happy times.